Sous Vide Chicken Marsala with Pasta
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic crushed/minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1/2 box long pasta
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp garlic chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt the chicken breasts generously. Bag and vacuum. Cook sous vide for 2 hours @ 140°F.
- Remove the chicken from the bags. Dry with paper towels. Reserve.
- Heat some oil over medium-high heat. Brown the mushrooms. Work in batches. Reserve.
- Prepare the flour in a container. Add about 1/2 Tsp of salt and 1/2 Tsp of black pepper.
- Dust the chicken breasts with the flour mix. Shake off any excess. Sear in the same pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cook the shallots for 2-3 mins.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock and the marsala wine.
- Reduce until about half. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and parsley.
- Add the butter. Add the 1/2 Tbsp of flour. Reduce until syrupy.
- Cook the pasta in salty water until just about al dente. Strain. Reserve.
- Add the pasta to the mushroom sauce and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Serve the pasta. Slice the chicken and serve next to the pasta. Top with some chopped garlic.
There's a significant number of steps, but with some organization should be fairly straight forward. Just try to have things ready when you find downtime. You could cook the pasta first and reserve it in the fridge until you're ready. The chicken also can be cooked a few days before you're ready, just don't take the meat out of the baggies until then. You do need the chicken searing step in oder to make a rich mushroom sauce.