Sous Vide Eggs Benedict Pizza
- Baking Steel
- Pizza Peel
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 1 pizza dough
- 3 sous vide eggs
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella
- 3 slices Canadian bacon pre-cooked
- 1 tbsp Hollandaise sauce
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter stick
For the Hollandaise Sauce
- Whisk together the 2 egg yolks, lemon, salt, and pepper in a microwave-safe bowl, add the melted butter and blast in the microwave for 15 seconds. Set aside.
For the Sous Vide Eggs
- Set water bath to 167°F, drop in the three eggs carefully. Cook for 13 minutes, remove. Shock in cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside. While the pizza is baking, place eggs in a bowl with hot water from the tap. We are warming the eggs for the pizza.
For the Pizza
- Place your Baking Steel on the top rack of your oven and pre-heat for 1 hour at 500°F.
- Stretch or roll out your dough to a 12 inch round and place on a lightly dusted pizza peel. Lightly dusted with flour.
- Switch your oven to broil.
- Distribute fresh mozzarella and the 3 slices of pre-cooked Canadian bacon on to the top of the crust on the pizza peel. Move everything over onto your Baking Steel and cook for 1 minute under the broiler. After 1 minute, open the oven and rotate pizza 180 degrees. Continue on broiler for 1 more minute.
- Switch oven back to bake at 500°F for 2 more minutes, remove.
- Crack the sous vide eggs in a separate bowl, then place them on top of the pizza. Try landing it directly on the Canadian bacon. Do this for all three eggs. Season with S & P.
- Using a spoon, carefully drizzle the Hollandaise Sauce over the eggs.