Sous Vide Garlic Butter Steaks
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 4 1/2 lb Filet Mignon steaks
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Season steaks to taste with salt, pepper and a small amount of garlic powder.
- Heat Sous Vide to temperature based on the preference of doneness, from rare, medium-rare or medium. Refer to the chart in directions for temp and time guidelines.
- If preference is medium-rare, heat water bath to 130 degrees, and set the timer for one hour.
- When water is heated, submerge steaks in plastic storage bag and seal.
- While steaks are cooking, prepare garlic butter.
- Mix softened butter with minced garlic, a pinch of salt and parsley.
- Remove steaks from water bath after one hour.
- Heat the cast iron skillet over high heat with 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is smoking, quickly sear steaks on each side. 30 second to 1 minute per side.
- Top steaks with butter compound, let rest and serve.