Sous Vide Pulled Pork Shoulder for Tacos or Sandwiches
- Small Pan
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 3 lbs pork shoulder
- 3 tbsp bbq seasoning
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat sous vide bath to 165°F. Rub pork shoulder with BBQ seasoning and black pepper. Heat a pan to medium-high. Add olive oil to the pan, then sear each side of the pork shoulder until a thick brown bark seals the edges of the meat.
- Vacuum seal seared pork. Sous vide pork in the water bath for 48 hours.
- Remove sous vide pork shoulder from the water bath. Pull apart sous vide pork with a fork.
- (Optional) To create a sauce for this sous vide barbecue pulled pork shoulder recipe, transfer liquid from sous vide bag to a small pan on medium heat on the stove. Add 2 tbsp butter to the pork liquid and cook down to thicken the sauce. One tbsp BBQ sauce can also be added to this mixture for additional flavor.
- Coleslaw, avocado, and caramelized sous vide onions make a wonderful taco toppings
- Here are a couple of BBQ seasoning recommendations: Bone Suckin' Seasoning Blend and Smokehouse Coffee BBQ Rub
- Leftover sous vide pulled pork is delicious tossed on a homemade pizza with BBQ sauce and mozzarella
- For 48 hour sous vide recipes like this one, it's smart to invest in a large sous vide container, or at least buy a lid for a standard size container
- If you use an open container without a lid, cover the sous vide bath with foil and watch (and continue to replenish) the water level