Sous Vide Roast Beef
- Small Bowl
- Broiler Pan
- Small Sauce Pan (optional)
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 3 1/2 lb beef roast
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary minced
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Set up your sous vide water bath with the temperature set to 136ºF.
- In a small bowl, mix the minced rosemary and garlic with the smoked paprika, mustard and onion powders, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the beef down with Worcestershire sauce, then spread the spice rub over the whole roast.
- Vacuum seal the roast in a plastic bag and cook it at 136ºF for 24 hours.
- When the roast is done cooking, drain the liquid into a small bowl and set the roast aside for finishing.
- To get a nice crust on the outside of the beef roast, place it on a broiler pan and finish it in a 350ºF oven for 15 minutes, turning it halfway through.
- Once the roast comes out of the oven, let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- The juices from the roast can be served as an au jus. The instructions are in the "Notes" section.
- To make the au jus take the liquid from the bag the roast was cooked in and bring it to a boil in a small saucepan for three to five minutes.
- The au jus is especially good when you're using the roast beef to make French dip sandwiches.